Our client is a leading multisite organisation who are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant/Purchase Ledger to join their offices in Rochdale.
This is a role which will suit someone who has extremely strong purchase ledger experience and is keep to develop into an all-around Accounts Assistant.
The position is a transactional role with a view to developing into a more analytical role over time with the initial outset being the accurate and timely operation of the Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger function taking ownership.
The ideal candidate should have some experience in an Purchase Ledger/Accounts role and possess excellent communication skills. Be very well organised, have strong attention to detail and can work to strict deadlines. Knowledge of Sage Accounts 50 & Payroll is preferred and strong IT skills particularly in MS Excel is essential.
This role is expected to develop over a period of time, and the ideal candidate would be keen, willing and able to learn and take on tasks such as taking the management accounts to Trial Balance, Prepayments and Accruals, Weekly Sales Reporting for the Senior Management Team as well as regularly monthly reporting activities.
Working within a busy Finance department, the individual will also gain an understanding and exposure to Sales Ledger, Credit Control and Payroll. Study support will also be available for the right candidate.
- Monitoring and dealing with emails in the finance inbox
- Check & post supplier invoices and credit notes to Sage Line 50
- Check & update direct debit invoices to monthly summary, ready for approval
- Supplier Statement Reconciliations
- Prepare and process supplier bacs payment runs
- Collate, check & process employee expenses to Sage Line 50 ensuring all receipts are received and mileage is accurate.
- Prepare and process employee expenses payment run
- Collate, check & process branch petty cash reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Ensure uniform recoups/refunds are sent to Payroll on a weekly basis and any branch queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Collate, check & reconcile all branch uniform control submissions on a monthly basis.
- Record and monitor uniform recoups/refunds on a weekly basis
- Daily Bank Reconciliation
- Reconcile 2 company Credit Cards and ensure all receipts are received
- Check and post the weekly nominal link
- Ensuring energy suppliers are updated with accurate readings at all times and are notified upon vacation of premises to ensure accurate final bills are submitted
- Check & upload weekly pension data to the Pension Provider
- Assisting in other general finance tasks to ensure efficient day to day running of the purchase ledger
Salary £23-26k DOE Depending on experience – this role also offers flexible/hybrid working at the same time as needing to have an office presence due to the nature of the role – so three days off and two days home based after training period
For a conversation about this role, please contact Karen Reynolds