Our client is a leading wholesale food distributor and the preferred supplier for over 60,000 customers across the UK. We have a new opportunity to join our client a Finance Administrator to join their office in Southport. This position is well suited to an organised and process driven person who is looking to join a busy finance team.
- Hybrid working available after training (2 days at home)
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension
- Employee discounts
The Finance Administrator will be based in the Finance Department and will report to the Credit Supervisor. The Finance Administrator will work across their own portfolio accounts and liaise with both internal and external customers to resolve day to day queries; Collect overdue debt and ensure customer spend is within the credit limits provided to reduce the risk of potential bad debt for the business.
- Follow the company collection procedure to minimize bad debt.
- Liaising with internal and external customers to resolve customer queries. Providing invoices to customers and statements.
- Monitor customer credit limits and spend and run credit reports when required.
- Producing reports for overdue accounts to make collection calls and suspend deliveries.
- Taking card payments and setting up customer direct debits.
- Completing a bad debt provision twice yearly.
- Follow company procedures for high-risk customers, change of ownership, closure of a business, Liquidation/ administration.
- Attending depot visits when required or virtual calls where necessary.
- Working with the sales team to build relationships.
- Previous experience in Finance Administrator or similar Finance Role
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Word documents
- Organizational and time management skills
- Confident and motivated
- Critical thinking skills.
To apply for the Finance Administrator role, you can go to the Recruitment Solutions NW Ltd website. Alternatively you can call our office and speak with Joshua Hallett or Karen Reynolds.
Please note that we are unable to contact candidates not shortlisted for the Finance Administrator position.