Our client a is a listed PLC and is a truly market leading brand with multiple sites in the UK.
We are looking for an Insurance & Risk Manager to join their site based in Gaydon, Warwickshire (you will like the products that they engineer!) – its an exciting place to work offering the flexibility of a hybrid working scenario (probably 2/3 days per week office/home) and a half day on a Friday!
The Insurance & Risk Manager is responsible for:
Managing, coordinating and facilitating the companies Global Insurance Programme, including management of a third party six head Broking Team, c.£5m Budget with regular reporting to the Executive Committee.
Managing the Group Enterprise Risk Management Framework & System and associated activity.
This is a role with significant responsibility, ensuring that the company are adequately insured with effective risk management in place across the enterprise. The role requires reporting and presenting to the key governance committees.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the Global Insurance Programme and portfolio including leading the annual renewal process.
- Determining the insurance strategy and renewal process based on total cost of risk analysis
- Ensuring that Brokers and Insurers have a sound understanding of the Group’s risk profile and that they are kept up to date on business activities, escalating items for referral where required, and preparing market presentations.
- Management of the companies insurance claims process
- Management of the companies events insurance and day to day response to ad hoc insurance queries
- Managing the development and deployment of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework throughout the Group
- Co-ordination and administration of the Risk Management Committee
- Management and co-ordination of 20 functional Risk Champions
- Maintenance of the Corporate Risk Register with co-ordination of the underlying functional risk registers
- Project input – attendance at project steering committees to provide risk and insurance input and guidance
- Completion of ‘Principal Risk Reviews’ to independently assess the effectiveness of management’s key risk mitigation plans
- Maintaining up to date knowledge and experience by leveraging networks of contacts and attending appropriate events
Qualification & Experience:
- Delivery of global comprehensive Insurance Programmes covering all lines of insurance (e.g. Motor, Property, Marine, Employment Liability, Public & Products Liability, Business Continuity, Cyber, Financial Lines (Crime, D&O, Pension Trustees)) within a public or large private company environment
- Extensive working knowledge of insurance policies, the insurance market, industry standards, and risk management practices and principles
- Enterprise Risk Management involvement in creating appropriate control frameworks and implementing them across a global organization
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship skills required, with experience of working with Executive level management
- Experience of working with insurance brokers and claims management companies.
- Experience of leading risk management workshops
What you can expect:
- Hybrid working between home and office
- 26 days holiday to start plus bank holidays
- Basic Salary of between £56-65k DOE and Qualification
- Performance related annual bonus scheme – bonus is 7.5% (£4.5k) -15% (9K) of annual basic salary
- Half day on a Friday!
- Medical cover & health care cash plan
- Contributory pension and more
- The chance to work for one of the UKs leading brands
- Management lease vehicle (Mercedes Benz)
If you do not have an up to date CV but would like a conversation about this role, please contact Gavin Reynolds or Sarah Duffy for a conversation.