Job Role; Financial Crime Specialist
Location; Trafford Park – on site car parking / 1 day a week in the office
Our client is a leading Financial Technology business which is continuing to grow at a rate of knots, offering various financial solutions to Consumers and they are looking to appoint a Financial Crime specialist to join their Financial Crime team.
You will be based in fabulous offices at Trafford Park with onsite parking, gym and coffee shop, a great training package will be provided, and you will join a fantastic support network.
As a Financial Crime Specialist, you are key to the prevention and detection of financial crime, protecting our customers and the company.
This team is a specialist point of contact within the Bank for Financial Crime Prevention. We educate other areas of the business to ensure that Financial Crime awareness is demonstrated throughout. The Financial Crime Department works collectively to prevent and detect all financial crime.
You will have access to some of the leading technology in the financial crime space to investigate all aspects of financial crime including identity fraud, authorised push payments and transactional monitoring. These help you to identify and investigate patterns of potential financial crime and act swiftly to stop and prevent losses or the further facilitation of the proceeds of crime. Using effective investigative techniques and analysis whilst maintaining a high level of customer service standards. You will be the first line of defence and key to feeding emerging trends to update our fraud detection rules and educate our customers and the business.
Who Should Apply?
Anyone who wants to work in a Manchester based fintech, a digital bank that wins awards every year for its technology platforms and customer service.
A Financial Crime Prevention Specialist who wants to shape the future, rather than just do the work that someone else has defined for them every day.
A person who wants the challenge of the ever-evolving space of financial crime – protecting and supporting victims of economic crime whilst challenging the criminals. Someone who wants a high level of personal responsibility in a fast-paced environment where you can contribute and help drive change in response to evolving trends.
Someone with career ambitions, whilst also being open and approachable with the humility to constantly learn and develop from supportive managers and collaborative peers.
Role and Responsibilities
- To work all aspects of Financial Crime Prevention for the bank. This includes but is not limited to financial crime monitoring systems, investigations, and preparation of external reports.
- Investigate patterns of potential financial crime and act swiftly to mitigate customer detriment, financial loss and/or regulatory risk.
- Effectively use investigative interviewing techniques whilst maintaining a high level of customer service standards.
- Act as a point of reference for internal and external customers regarding financial crime detection and prevention.
- Educate business areas on current financial crime trends to increase awareness.
- Assist in the preparation of internal reports and MI
- Identify procedural and control weaknesses and make recommendations to mitigate.
- Maintain understanding of all types of financial crime, trends and best practices for financial crime prevention and detection.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements relating to, but not limited to, financial crime and investigation procedures.
- Ensure that exemplary customer service is always provided and that all customers are treated fairly and with due regard to their interests.
- Attain and maintain competence under the Think Money & Competence Scheme.
- Reach and maintain Key Performance Indicators to required standards and specified timescales.
- Undertake any further duties determined as reasonable and necessary in fulfilment of the role.
- Previous experience of working in a financial crime environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage a high and demanding workload.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrates company values in all interactions whether internally, with colleagues or externally with customers.
- Salary £23-25k DOE
- Contributory pension
- 23 days’ holiday rising to 28 days with service
- An extra day’s leave for your birthday
- A paid charity day for you to work somewhere as part of our CSR commitments
- Benefits program, including discounts at leading supermarkets, cinemas and other leading retailers
- Free parking
- On-site gym with free personal training
- Personal lockers and showers
- On-site restaurant with Costa Coffee
- Free tea, coffee and fresh fruit
- Prayer room
- Annual eye test
- Employee assistance program
For an informal chat about this role, please call and ask to speak to Charlotte Hilton