Our client, a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn and Bury and a hub in Burnley, covering East Lancashire has an opportunity to join their corporate tax team as a compliance adviser.
Who we are looking for:
This is an ideal opportunity for someone experienced in corporate tax wanting either to return to the workplace or a move to a compliance-based role with a flexible working pattern. We will consider part-time working hours and currently operate a hybrid working arrangement. Proficiency in Alphatax would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be provided.
- You will be provided with regular technical updates and opportunities for training courses to maintain your technical tax knowledge and CPD.
- Also provided will be a complementary range of training opportunities to ensure that you maximise your potential in areas such as becoming a trusted adviser, how to network, presentation skills etc with opportunities for progression around the firm.
- There will be quarterly performance review conversations to ensure your development is on track.
- Joining the team will help take your career to the next level. You will be joining a values led organisation with a unique culture where you will be encouraged to take ownership of your own development and achieve your career goals.
- You will be a part of our 7-person strong corporate tax team providing an excellent tax compliance and planning service to a large range of corporate clients and business owners.
- You will be immediately involved in preparing corporate tax provisions for accounts and the preparation and submission of full computations and tax returns. You will also review the tax provisions and computations prepared by members of the accounts team or junior members of the corporate tax team.
- You will have responsibility for managing tax return payment and filing deadlines from the start with support from other team members.
- You will start to have client contact from day one as well as working closely with our accounting and auditing team members.
- There will be opportunities to get involved in working on more complex clients such as larger groups and international clients and HMRC enquiries.
- ATT/CTA desirable but not necessary if experienced.
As well as having the relevant experience in corporate tax, we’d like you to be:
• Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
• Passionate about providing great client service.
• Great at communicating with people at all levels – face to face and in writing.
• Positive and good at using your initiative.
• Good at working under pressure.
• Motivated and well organised.
Everyone is different and has different hopes and dreams and different personal circumstances at different stages of their lives. Our task is to listen to you, understand what you want to achieve next and then work with you to help you get there. Our working practices are flexible, based on high degrees of trust and empowerment and can flex to suit your circumstances and needs
Experience – Previous experience in a similar role required
Salary £35,000 – £50,000 DOE
If you are interested in this role, please contact Sarah@rsnwltd.com
Location – Flexibility to work from the Bury or Blackburn office.