We are recruiting for Senior People Relations Advisor to work in across a large distribution centre in Rochdale. You will work with c 3500 – 5000 employees dealing with day-to-day issues and providing necessary HR support across the business.
Working within a team of 6 you will work from a ticketing / email system of queries – this could be up to 100 ongoing queries at any one time. As a Senior in the team you will work on the more complex queries
Responsibilities will include:
- To support and guide Line Managers in all matters relating to HR; primarily disciplinary meetings for misconduct matters up to and including dismissal, grievance investigations and absence management/medical capability processes through to appropriate conclusions.
- To use a strong working knowledge of relevant employment legislation and case law to support and rationalise decision making in live cases, communicate that to individuals.
- To be able to autonomously manage a substantial case load and prioritise accordingly (With guidance and support from HR Manager where required).
- To be able to manage complex and difficult cases empathetically, and in turn communicate outcomes clearly and articulately with the aim of minimising appeals.
- To support with arranging and conducting disciplinary and grievance hearings with managers, within policy and be able to compose own correspondence using standardised business formats.
- To be able to use Occupational Health appropriately within HR casework and write referrals to OH Advisors.
- To communicate with and support HR Managers on ensuring HR policy and procedures are fairly and proportionately applied. Also, identifying opportunities for improvement to current practices.
- To ensure all appropriate policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to (regarding UK and oversees employees) with clear audit trails and maintain all personnel records in accordance with Data Protection Act/GDPR.
- To assist where necessary in providing general adhoc administration support e.g., updating of HR employee records, HR Spreadsheets, answering telephone calls, typing letters, responding to external reference requests
- To assist with project work as determined by HR Business Partner – DC and the HR Manager
Key skills needed for this role are:
- Be CIPD Qualified to a minimum of Level 3, Level 5 preferred. Suitable and substantial HR based work experience with appropriate evidence of training may be considered as an alternative.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and HR procedures and policies.
- Previous HR Advisor related experience is essential, preferably in a distribution/manufacturing environment.
- Proficient use of MS Office and HR Systems (Previous experience of Sage, Core HR or Kronos would be of benefit)
Working hours are flexible for this role as long as core hours are covered, there may be the occasional need for working out of core hours but these would be planned well in advance.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Joanne or Karen at RSNW or contact the office for an informal chat about the role.
We regret to advise that only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for this role