Our client is a truly market leading brand with multiple sites in the UK are looking for a Senior Management Accountant to join their site based in Newport Pagnell – an exciting place to work
We are looking for a Senior Management Accountant who will act as a number two to the Finance Manager – as this is a maternity cover, the role is initially offered on a 14 Month Fixed Term Contract.
To support all aspects of financial control and reporting within the site.
We are looking for an organised, dynamic and collaborative individual who is capable and comfortable of working cross-functionally and a self-starter.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, track and report business performance vs budget/forecast, producing management information to support target achievement
- Production of monthly management reporting pack – ensuring balance sheet integrity
- Work closely with departmental heads, providing data driven financial advice to ensure robust, commercially sound business decisions are made
- Lead month, quarter and year end accounting activities, working closely with colleagues within the other sites Finance and Accounting team to ensure adherence to financial timetables
- Responsibility for submission of composite data and interpretation and presentation of opportunities to departmental managers.
- Provide financial evaluations to support business decision making and other ad-hoc analysis
- Maintain balance sheet integrity, understanding and resolving issues as they arise and implementing robust solutions where required
- Coach colleagues to understand financial metrics and employ good business behaviours
Qualification & Experience:
- Candidates should have a proven track record of a broad financial and interpersonal skill set with strong communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Strong excel and other desktop skills.
- Previous experience of business partnering and cost centre control.
What you can expect:
- 26 days holiday to start plus bank holidays
- Salary of between £38-45k DOE and Qualification
- Performance related annual bonus scheme
- 3.30 finish on a Friday!
- Contributory pension and more
- The chance to work for one of the UKs leading brands
If you do not have an up to date CV but would like a conversation about this role, please contact Gavin Reynolds or Joanne Sizer for a conversation.