Our client a long established firm of chartered accountants on the outskirts of Rochdale with free car parking are looking to appoint a proven Tax Manager from practice to join their team on a Full Time Partner Designate (within 12 months) basis in a role that could develop into becoming a Tax Partner in a highly successful firm if that’s what you want
The company offer an excellent working environment and pride themselves on a flexible approach to accounting for their clients – this role offers prospects of progression within the company to be part of the management team – this is a Senior appointment and not “just a tax accountant” – you will have lots of autonomy and freedom to make the Tax department your own and use your experience to streamline and enhance the department.
What you can expect
- Long established company with an excellent reputation and large client base
- 36.25 hour working week which is flexible on start and finish times
- Salary £70-85k DOE (Partnership opportunity within 12 months)
- Handling a wide range of tax compliance matters for the client portfolio including personal tax returns, partnership returns and corporation tax returns.
- Completion of tax returns and tax reporting for individuals.
- Responding to HMRC and client enquiries regarding their personal tax affairs.
- Corresponding with HMRC, clients and other third parties regarding the on-going management of the clients’ tax affairs.
- Dealing with on-boarding of new clients, registering clients for annual tax filings and dealing with the closure of corporate entities, filing final tax returns and de-registration.
- Working closely with senior staff to develop advisory and technical tax planning skills.
- Confidently deal with client enquires, producing explanatory letters regarding HMRC.
- Identifying tax planning and/or tax relief opportunities when analysing data to prepare tax returns.
- Filing P11D’s, notifying clients when payments are due, arranging repayments and maintaining schedules of tax information for each client.
- Working collaboratively with other departments including legal, investments, accounts and pensions to provide a comprehensive service to clients.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous tax experience in a professional services firm
- Ability to assist with HMRC enquiries and prepare correspondence.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills with previous exposure to tax software products
- Ability to be discrete and maintain necessary confidentiality in undertaking of the role.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills, ability to work under pressure and manage workload to efficiently meet strict deadlines
- ATT/CTA qualified or equivalent desirable
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development, maintaining know-how and keeping up-to-date with new tax legislation
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Trust and Estate accounts
- Complex Trust returns and planning
- Setting up Trusts
- HMRC’s trust registration scheme – registrations
- Deceased estate taxation including HMRC’s estate registration
If you do not have a CV but think you are suitable for this role then please contact Gavin Reynolds for an initial chat about this role (Any discussion will be treated in the strictest confidence)
The salary is competitive at around £70-85k DOE (Partnership opportunity within 12 months)