Location – Rochdale
Consultant- Sarah Duffy
Salary – £50-65k
Our client, established for over 60 years, are a leading chartered accountant’s practice in Rochdale, with a broad knowledge and understanding of all your business, are looking to appoint a driven Tax Manager or Tax Senior from practice to join their team on a Full-Time basis.
Part Time Applicants will be considered for the role.
The company offer an excellent working environment and pride themselves on a flexible approach to accounting for their clients – this role offers prospects of progression within the company to be part of the management team – this is a Senior appointment and not “just a Tax Accountant”.
What you can expect
- Long established company with an excellent reputation and large client base
- 36.25 hour working week which is flexible on start and finish times
- Salary £50-65k DOE
- On site company car parking
- Handling a wide range of tax compliance matters for the client portfolio including personal tax returns, partnership returns and corporation tax returns.
- Completion of tax returns and tax reporting for individuals.
- Responding to HMRC and client enquiries regarding their personal and corporation tax affairs.
- Corresponding with HMRC, clients and other third parties regarding the on-going management of the clients’ tax affairs.
- Dealing with on-boarding of new clients, registering clients for annual tax filings and dealing with the closure of corporate entities, filing final tax returns and de-registration.
- Working closely with senior staff to develop advisory and technical tax planning skills.
- Confidently deal with client enquires, producing explanatory letters regarding HMRC.
- Identifying tax planning and/or tax relief opportunities when analysing data to prepare tax returns.
- Filing P11D’s, notifying clients when payments are due, arranging repayments and maintaining schedules of tax information for each client.
- Assisting with the billing and ensuring that the internal client workflow records are up-to-date.
- Working collaboratively with other departments including legal, investments, accounts and pensions to provide a comprehensive service to clients.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous tax experience in a professional services firm
- Ability to assist with HMRC enquiries and prepare correspondence.
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with all subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills with high attention to detail – able to write reports and interpret relevant data.
- Strong IT skills with previous exposure to tax software products
- Ability to be discrete and maintain necessary confidentiality in undertaking of the role.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills, ability to work under pressure and manage workload to efficiently meet strict deadlines
- ATT/CTA qualified or equivalent desirable
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development, maintaining know-how and keeping up-to-date with new tax legislation
Please contact Sarah Duffy on 01706 712 388 or email email@example.com