Job Role: Tax Accountant
Salary: depending on experience – £40,000 – £60,000
Consultants: Gavin Reynolds & Sheila McQuillam
Our client is an established firm of Chartered Accountants based in modern firm offices in the Rochdale area
We are looking to appoint a Tax Accountant or Senior from Practice…
You will be accountable for:
- Handling a wide range of tax compliance matters for the client portfolio including personal tax returns, partnership returns and corporation tax returns.
- Completion of tax returns and tax reporting for individuals.
- Responding to HMRC and client enquiries regarding their personal and corporation tax affairs.
- Corresponding with HMRC, clients and other third parties regarding the on-going management of the clients’ tax affairs.
- Dealing with on-boarding of new clients, registering clients for annual tax filings, and dealing with the closure of corporate entities, filing final tax returns and de-registration.
- Working closely with senior staff to develop advisory and technical tax planning skills.
- Confidently deal with client enquires, producing explanatory letters regarding HMRC.
- Identifying tax planning and/or tax relief opportunities when analysing data to prepare tax returns.
- Filing P11D’s, notifying clients when payments are due, arranging repayments and maintaining schedules of tax information for each client.
- Assisting with the billing and ensuring that the internal client workflow records are up to date.
- Working collaboratively with other departments including legal, investments, accounts, and pensions to provide a comprehensive service to clients.
You will need to bring:
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with all subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills with high attention to detail – able to write reports and interpret relevant data.
- Strong IT skills with previous exposure to tax software products
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload to meet strict deadlines
- A pro-active approach and the ability to make decisions supported by explanations
We regret to advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the role of Senior Tax Accountant